How we handle your personal data
MEMOLUB takes personal privacy and the protection of integrity seriously. Representatives of MEMOLUB’s customers, suppliers and other stakeholders such as partners or students who are in contact with MEMOLUB (“Partner”) shall feel confident that MEMOLUB respects their privacy and adheres to applicable laws and regulations when collecting and processing information that may be used to identify a person (“Personal Data”). The information provided in this document applies if MEMOLUB has not communicated otherwise at the time of the collection of the Personal Data.
What personal information we collect
MEMOLUB can collect Personal Data directly from a Partner who meets with MEMOLUB personnel, visits MEMOLUB’s websites, opens newsletters, downloads MEMOLUB materials, or uses MEMOLUB’s products or services.
MEMOLUB collects and processes Personal Data of Partners for the following purposes:
- Carrying out MEMOLUB’s obligations under, or when entering into, a contractual relationship between MEMOLUB and a Partner.
- Facilitating effective communication and relationships between MEMOLUB and the Partner (Customer Relationship Management).
- Managing enquiries or other requests regarding MEMOLUB’s products and services.
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations and for the enforcement of contractual agreements.
- Managing the security of MEMOLUB’s products, services, intellectual property rights and other offerings.
- Analyzing sales data and how a Partner interacts with MEMOLUB’s products and services in order to improve the user experience and content of such products and services.
- Marketing, surveys and communication.
- Compiling statistics related to patterns and trends of browsing on MEMOLUB web pages or use of other applications or software.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
MEMOLUB will not disclose a Partner’s Personal Data to third parties if it is not required in order to fulfill a purpose listed above. Any transfer of Personal Data to a third party inside the EU/EEA will only take place if the recipient is compliant with MEMOLUB’s internal rules which governs the protection of Personal Data. Any transfer of Personal Data to a third party outside the EU/EEA will be based on the EU model clauses or similar constructions such as binding corporate rules.
When processing of Personal Data is based on consent, a Partner may at any time withdraw its given consent provided that the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of the previous processing, or when there are other legal grounds for the processing.
A Partner may, under applicable data protection law, have the right to: (i) receive information on which Personal Data relating to the Partner MEMOLUB processes; (ii) receive access to such data and, if necessary, have it changed so it is correct; (iii) have the Personal Data relating to the Partner deleted; (iv) restrict MEMOLUB from processing, or limit the way MEMOLUB may process, the Partner’s Personal Data; (v) obtain from MEMOLUB a copy of the Personal Data provided by the Partner, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
How we protect your data
MEMOLUB processes Personal Data in compliance with applicable laws on data protection
and data security and in line with ISO 27001 on information security.
MEMOLUB retains the Partner’s Personal Data only as long as it is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Please note that MEMOLUB can be under a legal or contractual obligation to retain the Personal Data which might require MEMOLUB to keep the data for longer periods.
If you have any questions about this policy, you are welcome to contact us by using the information below. You also have the right to contact or lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
MEMOLUB Data Protection Officer
MEMOLUB International SA
1070 Brussels, Belgium
Tel.: +32 2 559 77 22
Fax: +32 2 522 47 22